Thursday, December 6, 2007

I like this one...

Wrote this one day after this incident hapnd on the road to me...t girl set me thinking...

No one...yet, someone...

As I walked past a signal last evening...i felt a force pulling my kameez...was wondering what it was. I turned around to look, what it was...and it was a tender hand.

A fragile hand, with quite a bit of dirt covering it pulled my kameez...That hand fell against my black suit...I looked at the owner of that fragile hands...A girl barely aged 10...she stretched out her palm at me. I knew what she wanted - I dug my hand into my purse and gave her two-rupee-coin. She seemed to be happy...because I guess that's what a smile means...and she walked off.

I then, walked off and got into a CafĂ© Coffee Day, waiting for someone I intended to spend time with…Or maybe, I died to spend time with.But then something struck me…what did that stretched out hand mean? Was it just a coin that she asked for? Or did those bright eyes…ask me for more…? Or maybe they wanted to ask for more…
Am not sure…but din’t she smile when I handed over that coin to her…when that piece of metal touched that tender skin??

Every time, I walk on a footpath and some child comes and extends their hands for alms...I wonder…is that what they actually want? But if I’ve ever tried to stand at that point and think hard…trying to figure out their needs in life, the child…ends up clinging to my legs. You know how that feels?To feel that here’s a life clinging to you for something…even when you have no bonds, binding you to that life. Maybe no bonds…no blood-relations…maybe nothing you could explain…but there’s something that makes you feel desperate.

Nothing better happened last evening either…I ended that relation with a two-rupee-coin. There were all possibilities that it would’ve ended on a lower scale…if my hand would’ve pulled out a one-rupee-coin! Guess, that girl is stronger than the two-rupee-coin…and any money amount of money in the world. I might have given her a trivial amount of my hard-earned money…and she’ll forget me. But look at me! Am still thinking of her…writing about her…still trying to understand her…and I think, I like that tender being for that…

:)

No comments: